Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I really need to begin looking right when I cross the street

I made it into New Zealand early in the morning on a Tuesday (Monday afternoon for you guys) and I was met at the airport by Greg, Marshy, my coach, and Jacob Matthews, one of the players on the team and I'm staying with his family for a couple of weeks until me and Greg get our own flat. I haven't been able to travel much. Once I get the use of the time change and get into the habit of things here then I think I will do lots of exploring around but so far I've liked this place from what I've seen. I had my first training session a couple of days ago. This was the same day I got off the plane and I haven't been able to sleep because I would experience jet lag if I did go to sleep earlier. So my legs were pretty mushy for most of the training session but I needed to get the kinks out plus the fact that I haven't been at a real intense training sessions for a while, it really did help me get rid of some of the rust. Yesterday, I felt much better than on day 1, we played a little short-sided and then ended it with some finishing.

One thing I'm trying to get use to is looking right first for on coming traffic rather than usually looking left. I know the Englishmen/women I know they are like duh. But it's real strange because when I did travel through England, I was on a bus and I couldn't really see where the driver was going nor did I care. But since I've been on driving around with Jacob it has kinda been weird thinking about looking for traffic and turning the opposite direction when needed be. I hope I won't be doing any driving any time soon because it could end in trouble and more than likely I would definitely get lost. Also it's weird to see a speed limit sign saying 100. I know it is in km/h but still I couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams that I would see any sign saying "sure, you can go 100." I can only dream of going 100mph back home. Yeah I'm going to have to keep on dreaming.

I'm going to try and take pictures whenever I get the chance to. You have to bear with me because I don't have the steadiest of hands when it comes to picture taking but whenever I get the chance to take pictures and upload them into facebook, I will make sure to do so. I'll get to my nonsensical chat soon but as of now I'm just taking all this in.

I don't know what they've gotten themselves into....

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers