Sunday, March 21, 2010

We can learn from this

On Saturday, we were thoroughly embarrassed and in all places our home territory. However we can learn from this setback. People say this "welcome to the premier league" junk and all that but I know all of us knew what we were getting into in our first couple of games and yeah, this is a rude awakening, but we did not play up to snuff on Saturday and when you don't show up which we didn't then even the average teams (and the team we played against was average) will beat us with no problems in this league.

I can run off a few things from the top of my head of what was wrong Saturday but in reality it wouldn't be fair and I can take a great amount of responsible because let's be honest, I am a defender and they scored four goals on us, so for whatever anyone says, I'll take full responsible for that and gutted that now I will miss the next two games because I thought to save face and not let a fat pudgy b****** score on an open net. People tell me I should have let him score but I am sorry I can't sit there with the pride that I have, let this guy laugh at our players and then score on an empty net. (It is just not happening and I am pretty sure I got majority of the ball on the challenge, the problem I guess is that I went through him).

It is a gut check for us but I think the players we have can bounce back from this. We have a lot of talent here and probably the best thing for us is that we have another game straight away because I've been through training sessions after losses (especially bad ones) and those are the worse ones to be in. So I think this next game on Tuesday will define us, whether we will sink or we will rise up because starting 0-2 in this league will be a bad hole to be in especially with the league being this competitive. Unfortunately I won't have a direct impact in the game, but I'll do everything in my power to make sure that the guy's are ready for this one. LET'S GO BOYS!

1 comment:

A West said...

fat pudgy b******s need to learn they can't just score on an empty net when super-raw aggins are around. and yes, you finally earned that eluse "super-raw" title that only players like stephen appiah and lilian thuram have so far.

Those darn imaginary readers