Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nine Games in

So with all the craziness going on in my head and all, Three Kings have managed to make a move on the Northern Premier League Table. After I was moved back into the Center back position we've gone five games without a lost (four wins and a tie).

Not trying to be a show off but it is what it is. Due to my current problems, I've been on beast mode for every Saturday. There are some times that I don't even remember the Saturday afternoons or even the nights that I go out. It takes me the Monday morning to realize what I have done. It is really strange

Yesterday (Saturday) we beat Lynn-Avon 3-1. We kind of had a rough go at it first because we went down a goal due to us not concentrating. However we came out strong in the second half and rightly deserved our victory. Even though their coach didn't even give us any credit for the game. We were better than them overall and deserved to win.

There are times where I think we believe things are going to be easy for us. We have to know that this league is much more competitive than Division 1 and we are going to have to come up huge during these games. Even if we are flat, let's make sure that we don't give up any or many goals as it is. We have to dig in and figure ourselves out because once the true Three Kings come out, it is pretty hard to contain us.

Personally, I am okay. Even if mentally I am not always there. My footy stays important and consistent how I always try to be. There are many who are injured at this time and I can't blame them because i know that our players don't want to be injured but it is what it is. I try to keep myself injured free by not doing the shooting drills on Wednesday and doing some necessary fitness during the days before training. That is what I can do especially when I do nothing otherwise.

So we are nine games in and closing in to the title race. To start the season, I didn't think we would be even close but as the team comes together and we realize that even the ugliest of wins will do. We have a feeling that we will be in the title race til the end even with the players we have on the bench now. If we were all healthy, we are a top three team for sure. At least talent wise. But as they say:

"Hard Work beats Talent when Talent doesn't work hard."

So we have to work hard for our wins, no matter how good or bad it looks, let's take care of business.

Today is my Mother's Birthday. Everyone say happy birthday to my mom because she is the most important person in my life right now.

I can come to her with anything and she understands where I am coming from and can give me the right advice about what I should do.

Even though I might be confused about what I should do right now, she can at least give me some sort of guidance about what I can do or not do.

Other than that, I am okay. I would love to come home at the same time staying in New Zealand for a couple of years would not hurt me either. What is going to happen if I do stay here? Probably nothing, no one would really know that I am even gone unless they checked up on me. There are only two or three people that would check up on me in that way anyways.

Right now, I am going to be patient because at least right now, things do not work out for me how I should expect they should. I'll just ball out on the footy field with my red AdiPure IIs (I'm going to show u a pic of them soon) and have fun with life because that is what my family and true friends would want me to be doing. Having fun with life!....

1 comment:

A West said...

That's what's up son, it's about time somebody played you at your real position... keep holdin it down and we'll see you when you come back mane

Those darn imaginary readers