Sunday, April 25, 2010

Definitely Not a Fan of This Monday

Even though I should not be having any gripes about Mondays, since I don't really work at this point in time. I am really not happy at the moment about this one because I was awaken at around 7:30am when I at least usually wake up around 9am. I can't seem to get back to sleep either. I guess I deserve it because of me not having to wake up early at all.

Soccer has been going. We tied East Coast Bays a couple of weeks ago 0-0 and this weekend we scored a 4-nil victory against Manurewa. It is slowly but surely coming together. We complain about our performances not being good enough but hey we are still winning games and that is all you want when you have teams that aren't as talented but work their asses off to try and frustrate us. We just need to make sure that we do the job no matter how ugly.

I wouldn't say that I am not feeling anything but I am not thinking of a lot right now. Lots have been going on in the background that could potentially irk me but I try not to sweat this sort of stuff right now. Even though it seems that nothing as been going right in the two months that I have been here. The only thing that has seemed to improve is my footy which I feel that I am playing well in.

Don't know how I am doing it though. I feel distracted during training and during the days where I have nothing else to do but thing. I guess once I get the jersey on and walk out on the pitch, nothing else matters, empty promises are erased for those 90 minutes until that final whistle is blown. Then I can hear (because I am not listening anymore) about the same stuff how everything is going to change.

I am working on finding a job for myself but of course it hasn't been too successful as I would like it to be. It seems that no one is going to hire someone who has under two months left on their visa. Fair enough on them. I cannot blame them too much. So I will continue to try and work things out on my own and if it doesn't work out.


Then I guess I will have to put on my shades and shorts and enjoy another summer...

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers