Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Boo to Winter


Well, say goodbye to the long days (that ended a while back) and the ability to go for a run with shorts on, or playing night soccer without thinking whether it is a good idea or not.

Winter is slowly approaching North Carolina and I am always not prepared for it at all. Especially when the weather changes from cold to hot regularly. I can walk outside one day with shorts but the next day I would immediately go back inside.

Plus, I would like to go outside for a run rather than go to a gym and have to deal with treadmills (which I hate running on). You say I should brave the elements and toughen up. I say shut up and you go run outside, then get sick, then complain that you are sick while I laugh in your face.

Mostly the reason why I am not prepared is that I don't really have the necessary winter gear to run outside. I don't have enough jackets, long sleeve shirts, gloves or beanies. So if my first choice of winter gear hasn't been washed then I either decide not to go do any physical activities or put on that dirty gear which isn't too much of a good look in my opinion.

Also I can't do the normal things that I usually do. I like going walking around downtown Raleigh during the day or just sit somewhere at a park and just stare into space for a little while. It isn't plausible to do those things when the highs are 40 degrees. I don't feel like shivering around at a park unnecessarily.

So I am going to slowly get use to this cold weather and staying indoors with the heater on and try to find new shows to watch or read a book. I think I need to read a book because I feel like I am getting dumber by the second...

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers