Monday, December 6, 2010

"This is why I love playing this game."

Whenever I play footy with my friends and most of the time I am marking Aaron since he is a forward and I’m a defender. He always says, “This is why I love playing this game.” Me and most of my friends have this in common. We can at any time just say, “hey do you want to play pick-up.” All of us get excited about this prospect of playing soccer that it only takes us five minutes to get out of the house to get onto the Hooker Turf Fields to play.

The great thing about playing soccer amongst friends is that you can cut loose and play the way how you want to. I am use to playing with structure and doing what I am told at all times. However when I get out there, I can play up top (even though I am not good at it) and I can do some crazy moves (that if they work, I claimed that I blacked out which happens often).

It does bring the urge for me to play again which I have been having second thoughts over. Especially with getting away from my job after I’m done with my hours. It is a great release to all the pent up frustration that comes with it. Even when I am pissed off at the world, I can find soccer as the escape I need unless we play pick-up with bozos then I would have a problem with that.

If I could find an island where there is a 120 yard pitch on it and a soccer ball, I would be content with life because I can play the game I love forever…..

I might need some lighting for some night soccer but that is a different story

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers