Wednesday, October 19, 2011

iPhone, Scouting, Podcasts, My Pickup game...It's My Life

Hopefully I will buy a new phone this weekend. I am sort of getting tired of my Blackberry and more than likely getting an iPhone. My good friend says that I probably should get an Android phone but the only problem is that AT&T aren't as kind with their data plans on Androids as they are on their iPhones.

So I think I am close to joining the "Team iPhone" (corny team that I will never mention unless it's in a joking manner). I am going to have to buy something to protect my phone because i have butter fingers and I am very clumsy. Also I will have to get use to the touch screen and all which I think I can do.

I'm going to probably get the iPhone 4s because me and my supervisor were looking up the differences between the 4 and the 4s and we saw that it wasn't anything that important. I am not trying to say just because the new phone isn't called the iPhone 5 that I am unattracted to the 4s. It is more due to the fact that the 4s doesn't have enough features that would warrant me getting it. I'm pretty simple with the use of my phone. Obviously texting, GPS, possibly hotel lookups, and listening to music is probably what I would use the phone for. Games aren't as important. Maybe the odd picture of two that I would like to take would help. But I think the iPhone 4 would do the job just fine for me. Plus it is cheaper.


My scouting adventures stay in the triangle area. I'm going to Chapel Hill on Friday to watch two top 5 teams, Maryland and UNC. Then on Saturday, I will stay in Raleigh and see NC State take on Wake Forest. I'm not going to discuss anybody I'm scouting because I don't want to name drop or anything. Plus nobody cares about these adventures especially since I won't get out of the Triangle this weekend.


Went to my itunes when I got out of my workout and I noticed that I had six new podcasts ready to be listened to. It made me wonder how I got into all these podcasts. A year ago I don't think I had any on my list, now I have about six podcasts that I'm following.

They all reflect what I want to hear and talk about myself. Sports, Footie, and News with a funny twist. It also helped me get a more African American (or Canadian or Canadian-American to the All Balls Don't Bounce crew) view of sports and news. I always listened to ESPN and their bias views and I only realized when I started to listening to the Morning Jones that I knew that there was another side.

Then I begun listening to The Black Guy Who Tips, All Balls Don't Bounce, and the list goes on. Now I don't take their word as gospel but it is intelligent (also rachet) talk that I like listening to. Plus it is always good to see black people coming together and making podcasts. Ha!


I don't think I've played in an 11v11 game since that Alabama trip. And quite frankly I am not even mad about that. I like playing in more close spaces now because it is helping me getting better with decision-making and making my touch cleaner. I played on Tuesday night and I felt good on the ball, also making decent passes that I normally don't do.

I guess it is right, the older you get the slower the game becomes. I see the game a lot better now. Well it is only pick-up right? I shouldn't be getting ahead of myself but I do actually feel like my ball skills are getting better even though the gut seems to get larger.

Right now, I am eating my dinner listening to Where's My 40 Acres while Sportscenter is on the tv. I still can't believe the Raiders gave up a couple of first round picks (well one first round pick and a possible first round pick) on Carson Palmer.

I digress. I'm about to head out. I'm enjoying this alone time I'm having right now. Most times I feel the need to have some social interaction but tonight I actually went against my first thought and stayed at the crib. People are overrated anyways...

Have a good weekend. And awkwardly roll up to somebody like I would do...

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers