Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am not 19

Do I really look like I am 20? Am I really going to look like 19 or 20 for the rest of my life? I mean yeah I kind of have to keep my face clean due to my line of work dealing with lawyers and their paralegals all day. (I do not complain about my job) However I would love to not shave my scrubby beard and see how old I would look then.

I'd probably would just be a 19 year old who is trying to grow some hair on his face. "Isn't that cute" I mean most of us do not want to grow up, we'd like to stay the young for as long as we can. Well since I can't change the hands of time, I would like to just be my age and gain more experience through growing older. I don't have a preference as of now what I would like to do with my life but I am sure to find something that suits me just fine.

This cashier was messing with my ID to see if it was real or not. I am just looking at him and being like: "come on, I know you are trying to use standard procedure but do I really look too young to get an beer? Either let me go and buy what I need to or give me my ID back because I am not suppose to drive without it." I guess he has had trouble in the past and just wants to make sure. That is what it sounded like he said, I could not understand a word that man was saying.

Another thing about people saying that I am younger than I really am is that it is mostly people that are younger than me telling me this. I am like, "I can be your elementary school teacher." It is whatever though, when a 24 year old woman is thinking that she can take advantage of a "20 year old boy" she ain't going to realize that I am 24 til it's too late. Ha! I've played that scenario in my head. It hasn't happened yet but it is always nice to have a mental picture.

Why don't I want to be younger than I am? I don't want to think about the times that I was 19 and 20. And think about what I should have or could have changed to maybe make my life different to what it is now. It is over and I shouldn't be reminiscing over times that are long gone and very forgettable. I continue to try to look forward and forget the mistakes I have made during those times. Obviously not trying to make the same ones but at the same time, it is a time that I don't really want to bring up again in my head. I rather worry about what is going to happen to me when I am 27, 28, or 29 rather than what happened when I was 18, 19, or 20. I think I am done with those late teen times and maybe when I get older I would want them back, but right now I think I am comfortable being 24 thank you...

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers