Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Those Darn Dog Days


I was watching the Home Run Derby (well not really, you could call laying down on the couch while staring at your computer actually watching) and of course I reflect on the passing of the World Cup, NBA Finals, and Free Agency. Now there is just nothing that I have the desire to watch. When I watch First Take, they reach to find someone dressing in a hot dog suit or somebody breaking the world record for snot coming out of his nose.


No offense to MLS but I can't gather up the strength to watch that either. Most of the time the ball is in the air and other times players are clattering in to each other. It isn't desirable, even though I do pick the times to watch Michael Harrington and Corey Ashe play because they are my boys and I've played with them and respect their abilities at least. Other than that, you cannot get me to watch New England Revolution take on Toronto FC. No thanks, I'd rather cut myself.


And there is no way you can get me to watch Baseball, so I am not even going to try and give a reason why I would even give it a chance.


Summer is a time where it's possible to be outside all day and forget that television even exists. So maybe what summer is telling me (and I'm finally listening) is that I should turn the TV off, go outside and seize the day...

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers