Saturday, March 19, 2011

An Successful and Unsuccessful Transfer

Of course since my ideas are jumbled up in my brain, I decided to post another one of my assignments that I did on my course. So warning to those who don't have any care about soccer, I would just close out the blog and just say when am I going to hear about what is going on in Andre's life. Well I can just give u a brief, "I am working and trying to get on with life." and then that is it.

I had to write about what transfers that I thought were successful and which I thought were unsuccessful and I jotted down my ideas on here.

Warning: These are just my thoughts, you might have your own opinion. Well this isn't your blog haha, but you can give me some of your opinions on my comment page.

Unsuccessful Transfer: Jo, CSKA Moscow to Manchester City 19 million pounds

Manchester City bought a Brazilian by the name of Jo. He was bought from CSKA Moscow for about 19 million pounds. Even though he started at Eastlands when he was 19 years of age, he was undoubtedly a failure of a transfer so far. He has been loaned out to Everton and Galasataray during his time with City and is more than likely going to leave the club with a lesser transfer fee than they bought him with. He has only scored six goals in his City career with only one of them coming in Premier League action. I always have the thought that Brazilians never worked well in England. Whether it was due to the cold weather, style of play, or the English lifestyle, I never felt as if they ever adapted well in England. Also in the next couple of years, they bought better strikers like Tevez, Adebayor, and now Dzeko. Jo did not stand much of a change of succeeding; also they have played him out of position at times this season. Roberto Mancini has had him out wide and further away from goal. He has not officially left Manchester City even though he is on loan; the front office is looking at ways to transfer him for a suitable fee.

Successful Transfer: Cristiano Ronaldo Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United 12.24 million pounds

The most successful transfer I believe is when Cristiano Ronaldo went from Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United. During his time with United, he has become one of the world’s best players. He signed with the club for 12.24 million pounds in the 2002-03 season. He started out slow with the club however he broke out in the 2006 season by scoring 23 goals in all competitions then he surpassed that by scoring 42 goals and leading his club to the Premiership title and a Champions League trophy. He ended that season by winning FIFA World’s Player of the Year. He became the first Premier League player to win the award. He would later move on to Real Madrid after the 2008-2009 season. I believe that it was a successful transfer on Manchester United, not only because of the success he brought to the club, but he was sold for almost eight times of his United transfer when he went to Real Madrid (80 million pounds)

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers