Monday, March 21, 2011

Viewer's Choice =)

Someone actually listened to what I said. I asked on my twitter page if anyone has any ideas that I should write about on my blog and I have found one to write about.

Granted, I am not the most experienced in relationships. I have only really had two and both I can take most of the blame on them. Not because I cheated on them or anything, more because I didn't really have clear ideas on how a relationship is suppose to be like.

For those that don't know me, I use to be very antisocial. In high school and part of college, I never really got out and met many people. Plus most of my high school experiences were spent traveling the southeastern part of the country and playing soccer. It was something I wanted to do so I can't blame anyone but myself for all that.

In fact my first relationship started college, I didn't know what I was doing. I liked the girl a lot but I don't know if I was ready for the juggling act that was necessary. You know balancing out time with her, time with friends, and time for soccer because soccer was all I knew for 13 years before it. I definitely didn't do my best as a good boyfriend at that point in time and I can admit that.

Second one ended more because of the distances rather than anything that went wrong. I didn't see it fair for someone to wait for what I was doing because I was chasing the soccer thing. Going from LA to Atlanta and then eventually to New Zealand (that New Zealand thing was after we split anyways).


I feel something that makes a good relationship is for the two people to have common ground on most things. Obviously you'll disagree with some things that each other say, everyone argues from time to time. The friends that I have who are in relationships have many things in common whether it is personality, style, or other things like sport, video games, etc.

Being with someone that you can't talk to about something you like, I don't know it really doesn't seem like that relationship is going to work out. There needs to be much more substances than just sleeping together and eating.

Me? Right now I haven't found anyone that I like (or likes me) that I can have some sort of common ground with. Granted, common ground doesn't have to be that they have to like soccer or anything like that. It could be that they are comfortable in their skin and don't think they are all that. I like hanging out with normal people who don't act snobbish. It really turns me off in anyone even if there are a friend.

I would not say that I am not actively looking for a relationship but I am letting life flow. I use to get real angry whenever I felt rejected or I've liked someone but the feelings weren't mutual. I am curbing the anger on being rejected and I am letting this play out. I can't rush things and it isn't an exact science. If it was then I would have found a way to figure it all out, right?

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers