Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Jokes Free Zone

Person: Yo! Dre I heard there are a couple of girls that want to holla at you.
Me: Let me guess, April Fools right?
Person: Yeah!! HA HA HA!
Me: that would have been a good one if I wasn't clearly expecting it.

This isn't a true conversation or anything, I really just wanted to start this post with something funny for everyone. I am not the April Fools type of person, I am not good at the whole thing and honestly I haven't had to deal with April Fools Jokes for a while now. (last year I was in New Zealand and people didn't do April Fools Jokes. The year before I don't think I saw anybody that day). I think it would be cool if someone joked a whole group of people. I could be on board with that and can handle being fooled there.

I am currently having a problem with all of these jokes on twitter. Not that they aren't in good taste but for the most part I go there for the majority of my news. Seeing how people are or just getting certain types of news (football and other headlines). Now I have a day where I can't look at a tweet and wonder if it is true or not? One of the people I followed said that he has signed with the MLS, I thought it was true because it was still March 31 here and I am guessing that it was April 1 there. Then I read a couple of stories that I believed were true but then keep on reading more sources and found out that I've been fooled.

I guess my gullibility on those issues are very clear to see and also I cannot really have any April Fools jokes myself because I don't think anybody would believe it anyways. So I am going to keep my hands clean of any jokes and be a zone for these types of tomfoolery (like that, tomfoolery). However I don't think that I will be able to steer clear of any people's jokes if they come with the right delivery so I have to keep my eyes open..

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers