Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh Barca, I can't look at you the same.


Get your ass up, you are not hurt!!!

The true Barca supporters will still support their team as if nothing happened yesterday. The neutrals who love watching Barca will take notice of the diving and gang-mentality tactics of the Barcelona team.

We always watched them when the game was always easy and they would pass around the pitch as if they were playing in a training match. Messi would mesmerize us with his skill and grace. Xavi and Iniesta would wow us with their passing and creative abilities. Puyol is a small little fella but still has a heart of a champion.

However last night, I think was my last night that I will ever even give Barca sympathy. Don't get me wrong, I already dislike Real Madrid with a passion and they do things that piss people off. But when I saw Pedro flopping around on the ground when just barely getting pushed over and Dani Alves getting on a stretcher and then seconds later he is back on the field. All the time Barca players crowding and bullying the referee. I think if Barca doesn't crowd the ref and Dani Alves doesn't roll around on the ground and gets on a stretcher then Pepe probably gets a yellow instead of red.

It just showed the ugly side of Barcelona which there have been other instances in which it happened but these three Clasicos have magnified the situation. Crowding around referees and getting into it with the opposing teams officials like what Jose Pinto did yesterday. It reminds me of how I dislike Manchester United now.

I use to not mind Manchester United. It was the first team that I followed regularly. I didn't love them but I did follow them for a little bit. I use to listen to them on internet radio because it was the only place I could find them. However when I begun to watch them on television and saw Gary Neville acting like a piece of shit, also Roy Keane trying to break people's legs on challenges, and they bullied the referees into giving them penalties. It turned me off to them.

Fans will say, "well everybody does it even your team does it." Yeah I am sure that my favorite team does do it. I don't like it when they do but I still have an invested interest in them. I just use to enjoy watching Barcelona play. I can still watch them but I don't think I will want them to win games though. Now I will watch the final Clasico game and just hope for a big fight to break out. That will be the only thing that I will be rooting for...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been critical of the simulation that has been rife on the continent for years and is quickly seeping into England. So to see what happened in the 1st leg was actually no big shock to me and I was half expecting such a game.

It's funny to hear some justify Barcelona's cheating by criticizing Real Madrid's shortcomings. However, I think that is a very poor argument and glazes over the problem.

If you are Barcelona (theoretically speaking) and you are the best in the world, why the need to cheat? Why not win fairly to avoid the questions raised about bias like the questions raised by Mourinho.

Great post! ...despite the comment about United :)

pamphl3t said...

Meh I think flopping is just a part of soccer and while i despise a cheater it is just what the players are taught to do. As a highschool soccer player i see kids fall to the ground all the time, perhaps because of what they see on tv. Are soccer players teaching children to cheat in life? Probably not, but id love to see some option of 'challenging' a play in soccer the way that it is offered in american football. great blog by the way, just stumbled upon it...

Those darn imaginary readers