Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Live TV, Big Stadium, Big Crowd, and A Sunday Afternoon. What more can you ask for?

On this coming up Sunday, I'm going to be walking out of North Harbour Stadium, playing in my first final in senior football. We are playing against Wellington Olympic for the Chatham Cup. It should be an exciting day and the team is preparing every day for this massive challenge that we have.

Many of the guys have played and won this trophy so they know how it feels. However like I said before, this is my first final and I would like to think that I will be in many more finals. This might not be the case, hell I don't know if I'll even get to play senior football after this year. So Sunday afternoon will be a great day for me, a day that I'll get to cherish for a long time. Hopefully it'll end in a happy ending.

At the same time, It is still just a game. The occasion is huge of course, but still once that whistle blows, it's 11 v 11. The ball hasn't gotten any bigger, maybe the field is a bit bigger but that'll play into our advantage a little bit. I don't think I'll be any more nervous for this game then the Semifinal game a couple of weeks ago. I was more nervous for that game, because I was only able to play 30 minutes of the Quarterfinal match and we won that. I was grateful for them to win that game and nervous about whether I would be able to play my part in the Semi's. Luckily I did that and we took care of business on Aug. 30 to get to the final game.

So on this Sunday, I'll have a smile on my face. It'll be a good day and hopefully I can have a good game and make everyone proud. This is somewhat why I came here, playing in big games like this and having a team that is as balling as this one.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers