Wednesday, September 2, 2009

R.I.P to my laptop....for now

It finally bit the dust. My laptop finally stopped working on me. It happened about two weeks ago but I still haven't came to terms of it dying on me. I shed a tear when I took it to the computer repair's shop. I thought they were going to tell me that I needed to buy a brand new laptop which I know for a fact that I cannot afford at this time.

Well bad news turns into somewhat good news. The guy at the shop said that the motherboard has died and he will be able to fix the problem by putting in a new motherboard but it'll cost me $260, which I'd rather pay then the possible thousands that I would have to pay. So I left the shop confident that I would get my laptop within a week.

Week has passed by and I was told that the problem was not fixed and that they need to import the motherboard and it will take another week for the problem to be fixed. Of course my morale went down even more at this point and I just hung up the phone comtemplating what life will be like without my baby for another week.

I know what you are thinking. Aren't you taking this a bit to hard? Probably, but I don't want to pay 6 dollars to go to an internet cafe and use their computer. Also I don't want to overuse the computers in the house that I am in. I feel that it would lead to a worn out welcome if I'm just on their laptops or desktops all the time. Plus I don't want to upload any photos that I've taken because I don't want to overload their computers with things that I have.

It's just a host of things that I'm currently concerned about. It just turned Thursday and I got a couple of more days until I'll get the call that will tell me my computer's fixed and I will be able to pick it up. To see it again will be worth the 260 bucks I have to splash out to get it fixed. I'm sure it will cost more really since they had to take another week to pick up the part. Uhh crap???

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers