Friday, October 22, 2010

Dollar Dollar Bill Ya'll!! or the English equivalent Pound Pound Bill Ya'll


Congratulations to Wayne Rooney for signing a five-year extension to stay at Old Trafford.


That might be the only nice thing I say about him during the rest of this post.


I am quite disappointed in the way Rooney went about getting this deal. Especially due to him being steady fast that he didn't want a new contract because there weren't enough "star quality" players. If that is the case, what changed between now and two months ago? (when it first surfaced that he might not stay) or about a couple of days ago when he said that he wasn't going to sign a contract and definitely leaving?


He can tell people what he want but unless you are stupid and live under a rock then you know that this deal was all about the money. You don't change your mind just like that. Understood, Rooney respects the patch and has loyalty to it, however they are ways to go around it. There is no way he believes it was about getting quality players. He still doesn't have that guarantee even after he signs the contract.


I think Sir Alex and David Gill knew what most of us didn't. Especially when they said yesterday that they were going to take care of this soon. They knew that they could make a deal with him, it was all about how many hundred thousand pounds a week he would get. So that is where my disappointment lies. It is about the hypocrisy of it all.


He could have went about it a better way to at least not make him a flip-flopper. He could have easily said:


"For some undisclosed reasons, I decided to not sign the deal they gave to me, We will keep in contact but for the time-being I am going to stay here until my current contract runs out."


Then I would not blame him in the next couple of days signing a new contract but the way it happened seems all wrong. I would have rather him said that I outplayed my current deal and I want more money. He would seem like a mercenary but I could respect that more than throwing his players under the bus.


How can he command respect in his locker room when he basically says that the current United players are shit? Because that is what he said without calling them shit. Wazza feels that City and Chelsea have better quality players than United in "his opinion" so if I was a player in that locker room I would not trust anything that Rooney has to say until he re-proves his loyalty.


I don't mind him staying a United player and I hope all the best to him but for those who come after. Just say you want the money...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. My personal reaction: I do not begrudge anyone, athlete or factory working, from wanting to make as much as he can get. I don't expect anyone to turn down more money or a better situation if that is what he wants. I don't think loyalty enters into most situations these days and for athletes, the career could be very short indeed so to turn down money could be foolish.

My Problem: Roony throwing his team-mates under the bus when he arguably is the United player having the worst year. Whether this is a ploy by the agent or not, it's shambolic to use "organization lack of ambition and quality" as a reason to leave the club.

Also letting this play out in the Press is a bit poor and self serving. If you want a move for money or want more money in your current contract, keep that crap behind close doors or just be honest if you do go public. No one will really believe that you think there is a higher level to go to than ManUtd.

2. Reaction of the Press:
Well, the Press is the Press (especially in Britain). They will take rumour and innuendo and go in every direction they can to get hits on a website or to sell newspapers. nothing shocking there.

3. Reaction of the fans. This is where I got a little pissed. Whatever Roony desires to do or say, that is his business. Why do fans want to live an athlete's life for them. (and why on earth would someone threaten his life over this?) If you don't like the player or team, just don't follow them. Very simple. It's just sport. No one is curing cancer on a football pitch. At the end of the day, this stuff doesn't really mean anything. It's for fun!

I could go on, but what's the point really?

-gone

Unknown said...

Simple Copy And Paste Jobs At www.visionjobcare.com

Are you really fed up with recession and want to overcome this. If you can manage the time than SMART SOLUTION will show you the way where you can earn from HOME. For more details E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
Visit : http://www.visionjobcare.com/XXX.html
Website:- http://www.visionjobcare.com

Admin said...

Wayne Rooney turns out to be greedy player.... With his disappointing performance lately, he actually has a gut to ask for a raise, with his own way !!

Those darn imaginary readers