Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Ice Adventure

I wake up in the morning at around 8:55am. I haven't gotten the call that the building was closed or anything I have to rush now since I pretty much have to leave for the post office at 9am. So I brush my teeth, get my clothes on, and I head out to my car.

At my place there are a couple of steps going down to my driveway. For some dumb reason, I have a brain freeze and try to rush down the steps. At this point, I slip down to the first step, trying to grab the railings but they are frozen in ice. I luckily catch my footing before I fall and basically ruin my day.

Now, I am in my car with the windows frozen so I can't see out of my car. I'm already late getting out the house. So now I have to wait 15 to 20 minutes for my windows to be seeable. I just pass time at this point. I listened to ESPN Radio and impatiently waited til at least my windows were partially clear.

30 minutes later, I am driving to the post office, looking like a hunchback while doing it because I can at least see the bottom part of the windshield. So everything goes without a hitch. I get the mail and drive towards work.

I get to my exit and this car in front of me begins to swerve around. I don't know what he was thinking about. I wasn't driving fast enough or in any danger of getting in a wreck. I was just casually spectating until he just basically drove onto the grass. Luckily he had a big pick-up truck so he didn't suffer any damage but then I saw him driving off the other way, he was driving very slowly. He must have learned his lesson.

So I get to work. I get on the elevator with my tub of mail. I get to the mailroom and no one could be seen. If I would have said anything, there would have been an echo. Instead of just dropping my mail and running off back to home which I still don't know if I can actually do. I stamped the mail, put it in the correct boxes, and slumped down on this computer chair and begin talking to my loyal three in a half readers (don't know where I got three in a half from).

I mean for all it is worth, I am getting paid for this and something tells me that I don't really feel like going back out there in that nastiness for a while...

Andre: 1 Ice: 0

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers