Friday, August 7, 2009

Boxes, Boxes, and More Boxes

Yesterday, I woke up at about 7am, hmm I mean at 7:30. By the time I got dressed our ride was waiting on us to come out as we go to work for the day. We were working in the warehouse at Line 7 today. Line 7 is a clothing company in New Zealand that is current going out of business. So our mission for the day was to take apparel from their A1 collection (which is basically racing gear) and put all the boxes into a big container that was downstairs at the loading area. The thing was that there were hundreds and hundreds of boxes that we needed to put on palettes and take them down. Of course all the boxes were on the third floor, so we had to take the shady old elevator that we had to close ourselves and put the boxes on the palettes, take them downstairs, then we had to put the boxes in a huge container.

I'm sure it was sweet revenge for the boxes because a couple of weeks ago we had to take them up to the third floor and just toss them to the side with no thought of ever using them again. I was thinking that especially since the company is going out of business and our supervisior Woody said to just toss them wherever. So going back over picking up boxes that we just stacked was a real pain, especially with most of the boxes being torn in the first place. It was a real long day.

This was definitely an all-day operation. Looking at some of the gear I was thinking of who actually would be dumb enough to buy some of the stuff in here. I mean a Czech Republic A1 Racing Polo? I don't think there are many Czechs in this country to buy the gear. It was stupid some of the things that were in there. There was a toy racing car which I thought was cool but I couldn't take it. We were putting the boxes in the container because Line 7 is having a big sale at the Fairgrounds next week. It's just irritable that I don't think that any of the A1 gear will be sold. Oh well, I'm not paid to think just to throw boxes into a container.

By 4pm we were done with all the packing of that gear into the container. I honestly didn't think that we would get done with all of it but it happened. We started at 8 in the morning and emptied out most of the 3rd floor of those boxes. We felt relieved about it and tired at the same time. After that we mucked around for a hour until work was finally finished. Me and Greg walked around trying to find the right bus to get on. It was easier when we lived in the hostel because we knew what bus to take. However this time, we didn't have a clue which bus we needed to be on. So we were just walking and walking and walking, don't forget that I have a hurt quad at that and of course we were walking up hills also. We finally found the right bus and made our way home.

I wanted to do some extra thinking so I took an earlier stop and went walking around Dominion Road and such. I grabbed a bite to eat and then headed home. It was about 7:45pm when I got back and I just laid in bed and watched internet tv for a few until my laptop inexplicably turned off. So instead of trying to go through the trouble of turning it back on, I decided to go to sleep. And the nightmares of the boxes haunted the night.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers