Sunday, August 2, 2009

Uhh I guess a NZ Update


I should be doing much more updating on my experiences of New Zealand however I don't really think that there is much to update you on. The only real thing I could update you on is of my trip to Dunedin however I was sick for most of it and I couldn't even play in the game a couple of saturdays ago. Dunedin is in the South Island. It is in the region of Otago (wikipedia it) and it is famous for Speight's (the beer company) and it's wild university life. Now I didn't get to experience any of it because on this occasion however all the other guys made it a point to me that they had a good night.

On that Sunday, me and a couple of the guys went site-seeing before we headed on the plane going back to Auckland. It was cool, we walked around the university a little bit. It looked like your typical university except for the fact that the buildings looked more like castles and such. We also got to see the proclaimed "steepest street in the world." (seen above). We walked up the street and it was pretty steep I have to give it that. I would never want to drive my car up that street. I don't know if I would want to drive down it, I think I would lose control of the car or something.

Once we got on the top of the street, you could almost see all of the town. It is a beautiful town seeing it from the top. I'm glad I was able to go around and take pictures of it. We were going to go to the only castle on the Southern Hemisphere and take pictures unfortunately we didn't have time and we had to pay to get into it. That's the end of my experience in the South Island.

Other than that, I mean I can count the memorable things on one hand. All I do nowadays is play football and walk around this city. I've gotten to the point in my walking that I could pretty much lose myself and then get back to where I am going. Sometimes I walk 5 to 6kms (you do the conversions, I don't feel like it) and then just walk back like it is nothing. Most of the time I walk to see anything interesting but only some of the times I see anything worth interest. Just lots of mounts, even though I hardly get to see back home, I'm quite sick of it really.

Football? It's the same story. I got to play the full 90 against Papakura City on Saturday. This was after I could only manage 30 minutes in the Chatham Cup Quarterfinal game in Dunedin. So I miss out on the chance of playing in a big Cup game in the South Island and then I'm able to play in dreary conditions in South Auckland on a muddy pitch. I swear all the best things happen to me. Anywho, we won our league game 1-0. I don't really think that the game should have even been that tight. They did all they could to make us as uncomfortable as possible. I mean they weren't even worried about winning the game. They were celebrating the fact that they were tied with us at halftime. Even their coach said that they game probably should have been a tie. Are you having a laugh? Fortunately we put the game away with a single strike in the second half. It would have been pretty miserable leaving that field, playing that team, and tying the game, I wouldn't really know what to do. I feel like in this league a draw would be considered a lost because most of these teams aren't good at all. I mean the colleges in North Carolina (UNC, Wake Forest, and Duke) would all do well in this league, probably would be second behind us of course.

I think that's about it from my end. I don't know what else to really tell you. If I get time to explore more of this country then I would most definitely fill you in. However with the time that I'm playing football, it's highly unlike that I would have the time to do so. I'll continue to try and draw up more nonsense for you. Unfortunately there hasn't been too much nonsense in the bag lately. I think I'm drying up. Or I'm being too lazy to write up anyting. I'm choosing the latter.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers