Sunday, August 23, 2009

The new season has arrived!!!

The new season has started (well the Premiership and the Serie A has started) and of course this is the most exciting time of the year for me. Unfortunately living in New Zealand, I have to either stay up or wake up at early hours to watch matches. I made an attempt to watch the West Ham and Tottenham match at 12:00am NZT on Monday and about 30 minutes into the game, I passed out. Not because the game was over more because I was just tired and couldn't watch it. I wanted to watch Juventus' first game against Chievo and I couldn't muster the strength to wake up at 6:45am.

Also during this time, I usually make predictions of what's going to happen in this season. Well I'm deciding not to do that. Because I usually get them wrong and look foolish when I review previously posting and seeing the ridiculous predictions that never came to true. So I'll wait until about a couple of months into this 09/10 season to make my bold predictions.

I haven't been able to watch much of the opening round of the Serie A but it's about the third game of the Premiership and a couple of teams look very good. Tottenham have been looking pretty good in beating Liverpool, Stoke, and West Ham. I'm guessing I made that prediction a year too early. The money-machine of Manchester City is rolling too with Emanuel Adebayor leading the attack and also Arsenal with their free-flowing scoring are close to the top. The next couple of games are going to be a true test to see who are going to be challengers for the Premier League when Manchester City, Arsenal, and Manchester United all play each other within the next couple of games.

I'm waiting for the La Liga to start and seeing how my team (Valencia) fare in this new season. Hopefully we can get into the top four this season and challenge for a Champions League spot. I'm sure that it will help eliminate some of the debt that is currently on the team's head. Also with the likes of David Villa and David Silva back for this season, I'm liking the team's chances. I think next week's clash against Sevilla will be a good test to see whether we deserve to be challengers or not.

I'm wishing that I will be able to catch all the big games that I can possibly see. I enjoy watching my football and rather be watching this than the stop-and-go of American football or ass-grabbing of Rugby. The creativity and flair keeps me interested in the beautiful game.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers