Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Can I press restart on today?

My day started out at about 8:45am. I was suppose to sit-in on this TESOL course. TESOL is a program that helps those who aren't native speakers to learn how to speak English. It is an interesting program, something that I would most definitely be interested in. I was told about this program last weekend after our game. I thought the courses would start in July sometime. Umm no they started on Monday, totally not prepared for it. I didn't go on Monday because I had lots of other things to do, like put money into my account and mail out my medical and x-ray for my working holiday visa.

Well back to my day, I was already not feeling well at the moment and the fact that I hardly got much sleep didn't make things better. When I got up at about 8am, I tried to take a shower. Unfortunately there were already people in the showers so now I had just hurry to the lobby and get myself to the place.

It was a good lecture. Our teacher taught us the ways in which we should teach students how to comprehend and speak proper English. Many of the other future TESOL teachers were nice. Most of them were from Asian. I'm sure they are plan on heading back to their home countries and help teach those who need it. However some of them actually needed my help in trying to figure out the right words. Go Figure, these people probably don't know how bad my English is.

Well anyways, the session usually goes from 9 to 5. However I was feeling sick and I decided that I probably needed to get back to the hostel and try to feel better. I kept on missing buses which was irritating and I honestly didn't know where I was going after a while. My pride told me that I was going to find my way however I was feeling sicker and sicker by the moment and also carrying a backpack (that I don't even know why I had personally), I was getting real weak.

I finally found a bus that got me to Mt. Eden or close to it. So I tried to wait patiently for another bus to come. And I waited. And I waited some more. After a while I just decided to keep on walking even though I was getting real sick. It took me about three hours to get back home. Honestly if I knew the exact way, I probably would have gotten there in half the time, but pride got in the way. I need to control that.

So I finally got back to the place. Sick, frustrated, and tired, I decided to drop down in my bed and go to sleep and not think about anything that happened. I really wanted to say, I can put this day in the past and just go on from here. Hopefully I won't be sick anymore.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers