Monday, June 29, 2009

Right about now, I'll work for food!!!

June 29, 2009 3:15pm. I decided to call a company and see if they've got my CV and cover letter.

Me: Hello, My name is Andre Sherard, I saw that you are looking for employees. I was just wondering have you gotten my CV?

Woman on Phone: I'm sorry, We are not looking for anyone anymore.

Me: What happened?

Woman: We just aren't looking for anyone.

Me: What do you mean? You sent a post on Seek yesterday!!!!!


That's been the frustration which has been building up inside me through trying to find a job. I said that I wasn't going to talk about personal stuff, but I think this is right up everybody's alley at the moment so I'm going to discuss. For the last week, I've been sending application after application after application and still I haven't found any luck. Not even a phone call. So I decided to call one of them. And that above is what I got. It's been ridiculous.

I'm sure people back home are finding the same problems that I'm dealing with. About 75% of the jobs that I've looked at want experience. And most of these jobs a 12 year old kid could do those jobs effectively. However I guess you need experience in picking your nose now. I understand that you don't want to pay for training however most of the demographic who are looking for jobs probably do not have that experience yet. I just got out of college, I've been busy with soccer all my life, I'll admit that I haven't really had the experience that most people have. But that is what I'm trying to get unfortunately, I'm in the wrong game I guess.

I did have to stop with the job hunt because I got confused on what one of the websites were trying to tell me. It had to be the strangest thing I've ever seen in my life. It's so confusing that I don't even think I could explain it. My head begun to hurt and I just said that I can start over tomorrow.

Remember the times when you can go into a store, ask for an application, and get interviewed right there? It seems that those days are gone. I was walking down the street today (yes in the rain) and asked for applications. They told me to go on seek and see if there are any openings......
You know, you are right here. You have the ability to tell me if there are any openings are not. Don't tell me to walk back out in the rain, dish out $6.50 for internet, look on the computer, and find out that there is nothing. I don't know whether people want to give jobs to anyone anymore. I've been here for about a month now and people that I know that live here are having the same problems that I'm having. I know the recession has been rough on everybody but at least don't tell people that you have openings and then a couple of days later there's nothing.

I'll keep on looking. I mean giving up at this point would be useless and plus I hate giving up on something that I know I can do. I'll keep on keeping on. Maybe a job will fall directly on my lap. Well I would probably have to get out of this bed first...

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers