Sunday, June 7, 2009

Denying myself a second goal, being on a boat, and going to a bar called Lenin?

Saturday was a pretty good day overall. I mean we won our soccer game today. Went on a little boat cruise and then stayed out until around 345am.

Earlier in the day we had an away match-up against Ellersie. The locker rooms were crap and we had to spread ourselves through three locker rooms because they were that small. Field was okay, it rained a couple of times so it made the field kinda muddy and it would be easy for legs to tire down easily. I didn't know how we would come out because in our Cup game on Monday we started off pretty flat. Well instead of starting off flat, we scored within the first couple of minutes. They could hardly get the ball off of us really. The only chances they had were when we gave the ball easily and they tried to hit us on the counter attack. I could have had another goal yesterday. It was off of a free kick this time and the ball was flicked to my path. I trapped it down with a "first class" touch and then I got my shot blocked unfortunately. It happened pretty fast that I didn't really know how I didn't score it.

Later on in the first half I managed to injure my shoulder somehow. It hurt bad enough to where I had trouble taking my shirt off at the end of the game. However I could still play the rest of the game with little pain plus it's in my shoulder, so I could still run. We scored three more to win the game pretty easily 4-0. I thought I played pretty well. A bit better than last weekend and plus we were able to get a clean sheet and that was pretty important. Plus the $50 helped also.

After the game, we headed to Stu's place to change clothes and got ready to get on a boat cruise. It wasn't a big boat or anything, but it was pretty fun. This was the first time I've been on a boat like this before. I really don't fish a lot, for that matter I don't go out on the water a lot. We headed out for a three hour ride with all the drinks we wanted. It was pretty chill. The music wasn't that great or anything but I guess it would manage.

The rest of the night wasn't a blur or anything but I don't know if I just wanted to talk about it., nothing bad happened and the noteworthy parts would have been much more funnier if you were there yourself obviously. But we went to this bar called Lenin, I wondered who came up with that idea to have a place called by a ruthless communist kinda strange. I did see one of those ice bars right beside that place. I don't know how I feel about those places. I mean yeah you get a big coat so you would stay warm but all they serve is vodka (i think? or at least at that place) and of course you can't really stay in there for a long amount of time. Oh well, the night ended at about 3:45am. Unlike in most places I go to, these bars close real late here. So I had my fun and luckily I was sane enough not to drink way too much or anything but I still had fun and it was a pretty enjoyable Saturday.

This week, we have a Chatham Cup game against Hamilton Wanderers. This time I will be able to play in the game because I've played two league games which makes me eligible. It'll be my first home game with the club and the field looks in pretty good condition. It should be a good game, if we play well like I know we can, defend well and keep on putting our chances away then we should be coming away with another victory. And another $50 dollars isn't bad at all either.

Nah not bad at all.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers