Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No Kangaroos, But warm weather and a beautiful beach (My Gold Coast Trip)


Last weekend, I head to Australia for a few games against a couple of representatives from Brisbane Football. Now that's all I want to go from that part of the story because we lost both games. I really wanted to talk about the rest of the trip. Which included a A-League game, going out at Surfers Paradise during the night and day.

It was nice to see warm weather for a change. I most definitely enjoyed not worrying about whether it was going to rain or not. Or if it was going to be cloudy and not clear skies. My impressions from Australia? I feel like it is just like America almost. The motorways, the housing designs, even the cars look similar even though they try to make their trucks look much more sportier than in America, the similarities are endless.

We only got to see a little bit of Brisbane because of the soccer game we went to after our Saturday game but most of our journey was spent on the Gold Coast and boy that was beautiful. Large buildings, long beaches, and everyone enjoying the weather with shorts, bikinis and everything else. People watching was very enjoying, seeing those who were playing sport out on the beach or running in the sand, or just glazing at the water made for a good time even though I wasn't doing anything active. Another thing is that I don't really understand how everyone could eat such disgustingly fatty foods but still have good to perfect bodies. I saw a couple of girls go into a Hungry Jacks (which is basically an Australian version of Burger King) and three model shaped girls go into there and order whopper combos. It truly amazed me. Especially due to the fact that, you probably wouldn't ever see that in America in which looks are everything.

Plus whatever happened to young ladies looking their age? It was ridiculous to see all these young girls out on the beach and looking just as developed as those who are in their 20s. I didn't see much of that when I was young. All I could do is shake my head and feel dirty for even giving them one glance. I'm certainly glad that I don't live here or I could be in trouble hahaha. In general the trip was fun, even though the soccer didn't go well. I enjoyed being in Australia with great company along the way. I'm definitely going to have to try to make another visit to another portion of Australia if I could.

I was honestly sad when we were leaving there to head to the airport. I realized that we were probably going to be heading back into a rainy Auckland scene and I was right for the most part. Especially due to the fact that I was stuck in the Auckland International Airport car park for a couple of hours because my coach's car died and we had to wait on help to get it started. On Tuesday morning when I was waking it, it was raining in bits and pieces and all I could do was day-dream about the few days I was in the Gold Coast.

Hopefully I can write another post summarizing my overall journey here in the South Pacific area. I'm leaving very very soon so I should at least do a final saying from Down Under.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers