Monday, October 12, 2009

The Update that you haven't been looking for


Last weekend after our game in Waikato, we went to Rotorua and to my friend's lakehouse with Tavis, and Anthony Murch and his fiancee. We got into Rotorua at about 6pm on Saturday evening. One thing that was noticeable right away was the smell. Until you get use to it, the place smells kind of bad. But I was explained to that the smell was probably coming from the sulfur that were coming out of the hot springs that were pretty much everywhere. This place is known for its hot pools. After we ate dinner, we went to a place called the Polynesian Spa which had lots of hot pools everywhere. They weren't the natural hot pools that you would see near a lake or something, they were just basically regular pools with heated water. It was nice and warm in the pools. I enjoyed it a lot. Especially since I had a game earlier that day, it got all the soreness out of my legs that I would have had if I didn't get into the hot pool.

On Sunday, we went out on the lake. Daniel, the guy that I'm staying with, went out on the lake and started skiing a little bit. They were trying to get me to go in the water, I'm like I'm not getting in that cold water. I think I'll pass on that. After that we drove the boat into a natural hot pool and just chilled out in their for a while, throwing rocks at each other and such. Then we headed back to the lakehouse and just chilled til it was about that time to head home. I tried my hand at a little cricket. The guys were giving me crap for getting out so quickly. I told them I didn't care and I was going to try to wack the ball as hard as I could. I don't care if there's a house in the way and I might break a window, it needs to get out of the way.

Mostly what I enjoyed from the trip was the land and water features. I'm a geography major so I somewhat have a soft spot for almost anything nature. I mean other than going into a forest with bears in it, I'll enjoy myself in nature. I caught myself taking lots of pictures of hills, valleys, mountains, and even farmland with sheep (lots of them) and cows everywhere. It felt like being in another world rather than staying in big city Auckland where I don't really see much else of the country.

This week is filled with a whole lot of nothing until I go to Brisbane on Friday. Maybe training on Wednesday if it isn't raining and I can get there (the bus drivers are currently on strike and the fields are all the way across town, there's no other way I can get there). I'm beginning to think about if I should leave next week. There is prize-giving on the 30th of October but I'm not really keen on staying here that long and there are two reasons why.

1) After this weekend, there will be no more games for me to play, so I will not only sit around the house, I'll be sitting around the house with hardly anything to do and nothing to look forward to. I don't really go out during the night times and usually go to sleep at about 10pm (boring life I know)
and 2) Halloween. I think that's pretty self-explanatory

I got time to think about it. I don't have anything else to do with my time this week. I'll come up with a decision by the end of this week going into next and I'll let ya know on this channel. As for Australia, there will be a lot of pictures especially knowing that I probably won't ever go there again (you'll never know) It will be a fun weekend I can tell you that even though I'll be playing two games blah!....

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers