Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's about that time I say farewell.

New Zealand, It's been real. I loved my time here and I most definitely enjoyed the experience. I've had my ups and downs emotionally here but overall it was great to feel those feelings. It makes you understand how to work when you aren't feeling your best and to snap out of any worries that you feel.

The football was decent enough. I was luckily to play on a great team so that made everything much easier for me. And the fact that all the guys were great was even more enjoyable. Most of the other teams we played didn't have any style to their game. They wanted to either just pump balls over the top or play roughhouse tactics which really didn't work too well against us. We only lost one game all year and unfortunately it was the Chatham Cup Final. I'm sure that everyone of us learn a lot from that game and we took it into our final game and clinched the league.

I'm kinda at a lost for words. I feel like it's my time to head back home however I know that I'm going to miss a lot of great people over here. They made this journey a memorable one that I'll probably never forget. I can't honestly say that there's any one person that I can't stand or dislike they've all made me comfortable in many different ways. Gave me shit for my accent and all but even if it upset me at the time I knew they were just having fun with me.

It'll be good to get home. I can finally refresh my mind and refocus on what I want to do next season and that is play soccer. It won't be as easy as I would like it to be but I plan on working as hard as I possibly can to make this goal. Also I have to figure things to do when I'm back home. I remember everything I did before I left for New Zealand. I understand that it won't be the same when I get back. There has been a lot of change of people and especially in Chapel Hill where about I probably won't know about 55 to 60% of people who live there now. (I didn't know that many to begin with). So I guess I have to find a "crowd" in my age range and that'll be somewhat hard since I'm not the best at meeting people but I will definitely try. I might as well I don't have much else to lose by doing so.

Well, I don't really have much else to say. I don't think I find any more witty statements to make all I'm going to do is put a couple of links of some of my trip updates and such. As for those kiwi's that are reading this. I'll be out and about on Friday so maybe try to at least see me before I leave if you can, if not it's all good there's definitely no hard feelings on that. Farewell...

Past Trip Updates
Back on My B.S.
Right about now, I'll work for food
Splashing in a Mud Puddle
Uhh I guess a NZ Update
Live TV, Big Stadium, Big Crowd, and a Sunday Afternoon. What more can you ask for?



P.S. Oh By the Way, the journey ends, but the blog will never end. muahahahahaha!!!

2 comments:

alisoncc1030 said...

Yay! Glad you're coming back to the US Dre!

Absentminded Oracle said...

Now that you are on your way back... PIZZA and Beer! Yaaaay!

Those darn imaginary readers