Friday, January 16, 2009

Is this seriously being put under consideration???

Earlier in the week, I was reading up on the soccer headlines and Manchester City was said to be offering the Brazilian maestro Kaká 100 million euros to join their club. Now when I read this I was thinking to myself, he will not go to a club that is currently in the lower half of the Premier League. However while I was reading up on new developments this morning, they were saying that the deal is possibly close to being done. I do not know if I can trust these reports, these might be the same people that said that Christiano Ronaldo's deal with Real Madrid was done LAST year, so I do not want to jump the gun but I never thought of Kaká to be the smash and grab person. I mean I can understand that his role with AC Milan has changed and that he might want to try something different, but Manchester City??? I truly doubt they will make the UEFA Cup this year. Well I can begin to question Kaká character now, because of him heading to Man City for what we think is just for the dollar, i mean, euro signs. If this does happen, maybe it will be a good investment for the club...

Even though they are in the lower tier of the Premier League, I honestly did not think that they needed a playmaker in the mold of Kaká. When Stephen Ireland is on the pitch, I thought he was actually their best player so maybe they would not need another player in the midfield. But this possible signing could make other signings that Man City want easier. If they can pull a guy like Kaká off of AC Milan, maybe other players would want to come join this revolution. It is easy to say that you want all these players and they will most likely laugh off these assertions but it is like a domino effect, once you get one then the rest will fall. So honestly maybe Kaká isn't needed there (why would anybody ever say that he isn't needed haha) but his signing could bring in other names and fix some of the deficiencies that they do actually need to sign players for.

This is just a rumor so it may just die down in a couple of days, but if you thought the Robinho signing was a head shaker, I don't know what you would do if Kaká came to the City of Manchester Stadium. I know one thing, this team is going to make a helluva of a video game team.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers