Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Am I really on this path

First of all I would love to play soccer for as long as I can and wherever I can play. If you put me out in the middle of nowhere and throw a ball out then I will play but that isn't the subject that I want to talk about now. I am a geography major and I've been told numerous times that the perfect profession for me is to teach. I never considered myself as a teacher because I felt like I am not worth listening to and I am just self-conscious about these types of things. However the more discussions I have the more I feel like that it will be the appropriate path if and when I decide to hang up the boots, that teaching will be the perfect thing to do.

In these bad economic times, many people are getting laid off and are finding jobs hard to come by. Many people who graduate aren't able to find jobs right away and they end up staying around the universities they live in and find some sort of work at Best Buy and others. The only sure things that you can find is being a doctor and being a teacher. That is where I come in, I think it's possible I can be a teacher. I understand that most of high school students (that would be more likely of what I would like to teach) will not retain most of the information that I give to them but I would try to at least let them learn something interesting as long as they are here. Also I would love to be a high school soccer coach, hopefully the team is good enough as it is so I don't have to do too much.

Well that's something that I could possibly do. Of course I would have to learn that craft (as in many that I feel that I have left out) but if I put the effort in it. I think that I should actually do well. I still have a lot to do in this soccer thing though. I hope to make this a long career wherever I go but if that doesn't go as plan. I'm sure Mr. Dre will be able to answer any questions that you have.....

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers