Sunday, December 7, 2008

He got that ass stomped


I was over a couple of guys house yesterday watching the Pacquiao-De la Hoya fight. Now the weeks leading up to this fight I thought that Oscar would be able to dominate a little guy due to his weight, height, and just overall veteran skills but the moments leading up to the fight just made me change my mind. Me hearing people saying that he is making more money due to pay-per-view revenue then the actual fight itself and him having a pretty face. Then seeing Pacquiao going up against other latin fighters, who seemed like they got more heart then what Oscar has now in the ring, I thought man, Manny might just win. He did not only win he basically beat the shit out of Oscar. Whenever he got against the ropes he just got out, and he just combo in and out making Oscar look more like a rookie fighter in there. Now I understood after the Mayweather fight why he decided to come back but this fight should make him throw the towel for good. He was dominated by a 5'6 guy who's normal weight is around 120. I think you just need to put that suit on and find other guys who are prized fighters. One of the people that I was hanging out with him was like this is basically the same thing as Superman getting killed systematically. Okay I did add the word systematically but that's how it went down. Manny beat him to every punch and it didn't even look like Oscar was going to knock Manny down.

Now I think he should retire now, but will he retire now? I don't know I am sure he has a lot to think about. He could not do anything in this fight. Maybe he's lost it but then again he's lost every big time fight he's been in for the last couple of years. Maybe that won't keep him out of the ring, but you know what will keep him im. It is everyone buying $54.99 for his fights. He is a pretty smart man and if he feels like he wants to get back into the ring, it is going to do more with the payday and less about the real fight. Also other fighters wouldn't mind getting in the ring with him because they'll obviously get that major payday also so until the day when nobody buys an Oscar De la Hoya fight, there will always be a chance that he will be in the ring. But then again, he was a proud champion, I'm sure he even knows when it is time to give it up. I mean he can't do a Bernard Hopkins and stomp on a champion in his prime (Kelly Pavlik) when he's 43 years old. Oscar's not hungry for the ring like that anymore but he is hungry for that $.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers