Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Go D.J. that's my D.J.


I'm sure Steven Gerrard was not saying this in a bar early Monday Morning. In fact him and his friends were beating the shit out of him because the DJ did not play his favorite song. Now the debate starts should he keep his England place for this. We all know that his play warrants him being in the squad but as for a role-model standpoint, do you want little kids to look up to him? And I'm sure that is the question the English FA and Fabio Capello are asking themselves. I'm sure Stevie G isn't a bad guy but when things like this happen you have to wonder how kids will look up to him and they might follow his example.

Now dre, what about John Terry, he has been in trouble before and now he is England's captain

True and honestly that is a very good reason why Stevie G should keep his spot. However even though John Terry is the captain of England, how many people actually know or care about John Terry. JT is an overachiever in my opinion who probably exceed anyone's expectations. And if you were to say who is the better center back b/t him and Rio, I think people who know about the game would say Rio. However Stevie G has a bigger aurora around him then JT and this could affect the team in negative ways too. People would have to answer questions about it and people would debate whether he should actually be in the squad for the time being

I don't think anything will happen to him. I don't think he'll lose his spot completely. I'm sure Capello will make an example out of him and leave him off the starting lineup for the friendly against Spain in February but I don't think he'll be in exile and honestly who in England is going to care what he does. I mean me and a Stevie G supporter were joking about the whole thing and I'm sure others will be too so I'm guessing what will happen is that he'll get a slap on the wrist, maybe a 30 day suspended jail sentence and then we'll all forget the whole thing within the next year.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers