Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Nonsense I: Nick Jr.


Yes this is what we are talking about. The group of shows that come on during the weekdays from 9am to around 1pm. I didn't really notice anything about these shows when I was young because I didn't know better. It's like all kinds of other shows or networks. For example Disney, have you ever seen a black person on one of those old school cartoon movies? I know there was a group of crows on Dumbo and I believe it was James Earl Jones who played the king Lion on the Lion King (um I think) What I am trying to say is that Nick Jr. is one of the most racists group of shows that I've seen. Dora the Explorer, the Backyardigans, and Ni Hao Kai Lan are the prime examples of what I am talking about. If I was a Nick Jr. representative I would say that well we are trying to get a new demographic. I'm not a parent (I hope not to be for a while also) but if I was and I was Asian or Hispanic I would be deeply insulted by some of the nonsense that Nick Jr. comes out with. That Ni Hao Kai Lan is the worse of the worst. It is basically Dora the Explorer Asian version and having a darn tiger. I'm surprise that tiger isn't a dragon instead. Maybe I am missing something here. I mean they do kind of talk about different cultures and maybe kids should learn about it. However I feel the same way about this that I do about black television shows back in the day. All your "actors" or "cartoon characters" are minority than you have white writers and producers for the most part who try to portray what they think the minority communities are like and I can't blame them for all that's wrong with the cartoons however they just don't know the cultures foreal. They know from what they've seen on TV and what they might have seen when they were tourist, but they don't know a lot about the cultures that they try to give out to the children and it could be midly insulting those who are in the Hispanic, Asian, or African American communities. I don't know I'm just saying. Calm down with "Go Diego Go" why you trying to make Diego go. Tell boy to chill out for a change.


The misguided info that has been put up here are a reflection of Andre Sherard and Andre Sherard only and none of these views necessarily are reflected by blogger and any of its counterparts.


It's only the beginning hahaha

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers