Monday, August 11, 2008

Interesting Weekend


Yo, I'm back at it. I had a pretty good weekend. Alot of it was on the road obviously.


On Friday, my team had a game. We played Miami and we tied that game 0-0. Yes we finally got another shutout, our first shutout since when we played Carolina and that was in May and by the way those are the only two shutouts of the season. We've been scored on the most of the league. Well at least I can say that I didn't have anything to do with it hahaha. Afterwards I just chilled out watched a couple of dvds and went to sleep to get ready for the ride up to richmond.


Saturday, I made the trip up there. I tried to zone out for the majority of the trip but unfortunately I zoned out too much cause I didn't really pay attention to the trooper who got me for speeding. Eek. Oh well he got me and yeah I have to pay a ticket. He was nice about it, reduced the amount that I had to pay and all that. This happened in South Carolina and I just hated getting stopped because I know that I would have to slow down and obey the speed limit because I know that I would catch bad luck and get another ticket on the same damn trip, but that didn't happen luckily and I made it safe and sound. I stayed with my good friend Ben and his roommates who are on the Richmond Kickers pro team. They had a game against Crystal Palace Baltimore and they beat them 5-0. I think I'm good luck because the last two times I went up there. They won 6-0 and 5-0. I think they need to pay for my next trip. And afterwards....well let me tell ya all I can remember is going up to their official post-meal thing and then going to the first bar that we went to which was the chill bar that they go to before they go to the club. I don't remember much about the rest of the night all I know is that I didn't get my waffle house which really upsets me haha, but I'm going to leave it at that.


Sunday, I went back to Chapel Hill and hung out with Callahan and some of the guys on the team. They are getting ready for their preseason. I am not envying them on that. They got two-a-days and a bunch of fitness testing to do. No thank you, I'll pass on that. I do go out to the turf and kicked the ball around for a little bit and then I went out to the track and got some running in before I left. I showered at the soccer center and just hung out a lil bit more bf we went to pizza and pasta, which was one of my favorite places to eat. I haven't ate their in ages. It was delicious as always. After that, we went over to shriver and chad's new place played a lil wii, watched the olympics and then passed out on the couch.


Today I woke up at around 8ish and saw all the guys just scrambling around because they have meetings today. They have a new dress code for meetings. They had to wear a collar shirt and khaki shorts or pants. Why you may ask? Well last year when we had meetings, everybody was wearing "thug material" according to the coaches. They had backwards hats and not clean shaven and all that I was guilty of that. But I didn't know that hats were thug material and all that. They wanted to have a good image for their team and all that nonsense. Whatever. So I made my last trek to Atlanta for the next four days to pack up and get out. I officially got my new apartment here, It's in between Durham and Chapel Hill, a far way aways from campus unfortunately. Got my one-room place and I'm set.


I don't know when the next time I will be blogging up here. I got to think of some more shit. My brain is pretty wrecked right now from this weekend. I'm going to sleep, eat, and play soccer for the next four days and then I will maybe get back to you in North Carolina or I may get back to you sooner who knows.

3 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I love how you speak directly to your blog, calling it "you" like it's your pet or pen pal or something... :oP

A West said...

"thug material" is the only thing to wear to a team meeting... scares the coach so he won't yell at you.

oh and by the way, the only reason i haven't commented more is because if i see this word verification again i might throw my computer at somebody's grandaddy.

Those darn imaginary readers