Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Well if u want to get back to Europe....you better hurry, time is running out!

I'm going to try this and sometimes I will break out in letter form from time to time

Dear Landon,

Well i know that you are depressd after what has went down with your current club. I mean yeah your general manager (who was crap to begin with) and your manager are gone and the other manager that you loved so much has headed back up north to San Jose (which you didn't want to play for anyway). So now you believe that you should head back to Europe and to the EPL for that matter. Now I questioned your judgement before saying that the best didn't need to play in Europe and they could do just fine in the MLS, which I find a bunch of BS. But now if you decide to head back which is a good idea, then you better get it done soon because you are 27 years of age now and you are going to hit that decline in your ability and you were quoted in a goal.com article that "The older I get and the more I play, the more I'm yearning for that highest level I can play at," Well I think that is the opposite of what is suppose to happen, because when you get old, your speed starts to diminish and there are younger guys who are ready to knock your block off in anyway possible. Now I understand that you might think well, basketball players and baseball players start to peak when they are 27 well I believe soccer is a bit different and that the peak is hit when you are 24 or 25 because most pros start when they are 18 or 19. So I am all for your challenge but just make sure it is too late

And as for the quote let me tell you why you might need to head to the Serie A instead of the EPL. The EPL is one of the fastest leagues to play in. I mean man the ball just zips even with 5 to 10 yard passes. I don't know in your advancing age that you can handle it, but I believe that you would do just fine in the Serie A. As of now I don't know how many defenders in that league can handle your pace and yeah it is physical there but not as physical as the brute EPL. Also they have been able to have players who should have retired a long time ago playing to the best of their abilities. Think about Paolo Maldini, Filipo Inzaghi and Alex Del Piero, who was one of the leaders in goalscoring. Just think about it, you trying to go to the EPL and you thought Germany was bad. You have no idea what you are getting into. I mean at least some German teams try to play at times, if you are on one of the mid-table teams then you might just be doing wind-sprints trying to catch up to the ball. As for the Serie A and maybe even the Spanish Primera which I also recommend for you. At least you will be able to see the ball and have some sort of space to do your magic. But you are grown and it is your call.

Sincerely yours,
Dreman

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=817426

1 comment:

A West said...

haha i do agree with you that his time is runnin out. he should probably get outta mls soon if he wants to have a chance of actually stepping on a pitch in europe.

Those darn imaginary readers