Friday, August 22, 2008

Mr. Don't Tread on Me

So I was watching the United States-Guatemala World Cup Qualifier the other day and I noticed something when Clint Dempsey came out the game, you can tell he was visibly upset about being taken off. Him and Bob Bradley had some worse with each other and you can tell from him sitting on the bench that he was upset. I would like to say something to Clint from a gangsta rapper to another one.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? I mean yeah you are still good enough to make the national team camp and all but we all thought of you as our next big hope. The guy that doesn't fear anything, who doesn't "get treaded on". Watching last year's World Cup it was obvious that you were our best player. Now I mean you still have the tricks but it doesn't do much and in the important games that I've seen. I have not seen much from you. In Guatemala you should have taken the substitution for what it is, We needed fresh legs in a swampy muggy place where we haven't won since 1980 until wednesday. You have been shit for a lil while now and now I am questioning whether you should be in our eleven.

I will give you a chance to use the excuse that the English Premier League doesn't allow you to show your freedom how you want and you feel like your game has digressed since then. But I've seen many others who have been able to use their skills to their advantage, are you trying to say that you aren't good enough for it? That would be okay to say also, nobody can fault you for that it is one of the hardest league's to play. I don't know about you. You are good for a header goal or two but we need some guys who goes at people and doesn't do tricks that don't amount to nothing. Maybe you aren't on form as of yet and once you get to play regularly then you can find yourself in the same form that got you into the EPL, maybe but I just want to say get the stick out ya ass and play ball. Now I've treaded on you a little bit. Do something about it.

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers