Friday, August 8, 2008

That White Boy can play. better than hotsauce?

I've been a fan of the And1 streetball series ever since Mixtape Vol. 4 (they've made 10 of them) and they have a season series of streetball on espn2 and they started to make a contest of who is going to be the next streetball legend. And there this was a small white boy from Oregon who was going through the tour trying to keep his spot on the bus and making the team. He made it all the way to New Jersey, where they had their final game in the place where the first official And1 game was started and I thought okay he did hit a couple of game-winning shots and all but he's back on the streetball court with all these legends trying to get in his head. But he preserved and he was able to take over the game and beat everybody in the contest to be the only white boy in the streetball tour.

Now forgive my skepticism but I didn't know how much he was going to last. I'm not trying to say a white boy can't hang and all but he was very small and he did have handles but you know there will be a lot of guys gunning for what he's got and they will be underestimating "Da Professor". I'm sorry I did not think that this experiement will last long and I don't know if they will keep him for the long haul.

Ever since then, boy am I mistaken about this white boy. He's been embarrassing cats ever since he got on the tour. With his handles and a steady jump shot, there is a reason why they say that he is the future. Plus he is not afraid to get down and dirty to play some defense or just crossing up guys who think he isn't up to snuff. The thing about it is that he has just begun to peak and I keep on watching to see what he is going to do next.

This comes to my next topic. Everyone that has a little knowledge of the streetball game know about da professor and hotsauce. And those that I talk to believe that Hotsauce is the best out of the And1 group. Well I do not agree with that (before all those OG's left I thought AO was the best but that's a different story), in fact I believe that he's probably the worse on the team. With his entertainment factor, he is the best but honestly I am over all the tricks with nothing to show for it, just throwing it off a person's face or making them fall and then just throwing the ball into the stands. Hotsauce reminds me of an episode of the Boondocks where Riley would just do a bunch of moves in a game and then he would try to shoot and he would either air-ball or throw it over the goal or something crazy. Hotsauce is a part of the And1 stereotype where all they do is tricks and do not get buckets. Luckily he isn't on the tour this season.

So who's better Da Professor or Hotsauce? You already know what I'm going to say. The lil white boy from Southern Oregon. I'll give that Hotsauce has better handles then Da Professor, I mean we all know that Hotsauce stands in front of a mirror for five hours at a time training on his moves, but that's not all I am trying to fiure out on who is the better streetball player. Da Professor's handles actually can equal to Hotsauce's in a few years. But let me tell you why he is a better streetball player. Da Professor goes out every time out and does his thing. It does not matter where he is, he got a whole bunch of moves but at the end of all those moves he hit a steady jumper over anybody and the crowd can respect that. Meanwhile Hotsauce only goes out once in a while in the game and just does his lil tricks for about 30 seconds or so then he passes the ball off and goes back on the bench and signs autographs or practice on his moves. My final straw with him was after last year and the And1 guys where at Barry Farms in DC and he did not even strap on the shoes and played with the team while all his other teammates strapped up and played the best players in DC on a streetball court and you can hear the crowd saying "Hotsauce wears panties" hahaha that made my day. This is while you see Da Professor going out there hitting his usual three pointers proving more that he can play.

So Hotsauce, Here's what you should do. Start your own tour. And when you have a scoreboard you score everytime you make somebody fall, hit them in the face or just make them look plain foolish and that is your point system because you don't really want to play the game, you are too busy practicing on your jump shot. Ooooh Actually that is a good premise on a tour just making people look foolish I should start that tour, but I got no damn money. Oh well...

1 comment:

A West said...

i'll never forget the day i saw my dude dunk. yes. dunk. all 5'8" of him levitating through the air to throw a leather sphere through a metal cylinder with authoritah. brilliant.

Those darn imaginary readers