Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fast Food Temptations

On Monday, I told myself that I was going to curb down on my fast food and going out to eat because it costs too much money to do so. So I vowed myself at least one meal will be at a fast food place or restaurant. However when I was picking someone up and take them up to campus. I think 12 fast food restaurant chains grew out of nowhere to tell me that you need to come in and eat some of my delicious food. The thing was that it was not like the food was tempting me. It was the fact that they had what I liked. Nice salty and greasy French Fries, a juicy burger or if I went to Bojangles it would be a delicious chicken or steak egg biscuit and to wet your whistle, the soft drink of your choice. I stayed strong this time and waited my time until I got back to my place. I felt proud of myself for resisting the temptation.

However others can not and it is someone troubling to see. One time I went to China Buffet and I was getting my usual food that I get. Some rice, a little vegetables, some sesame chicken and I was going to round it off with some fried chicken. And when I was going around the corner to get to that aisle, I saw an somewhat overweight boy being happy as anything that he was going to get some fried chicken and it stopped me in my tracks. I mean I was happy for him to get what he wants, but he can already be susceptible to diseases that are associated with being overweight or obese. This is a little kid that I am talking about. I don’t think that there is not enough knowledge for children who really need it. Plus the fact they sit around, watch tv, and play video games all day when they get out of school, I don’t think many of these kids have a chance to grow up. Most of them will be picked on by the other kids and self-esteem issues will come to play adding on to the health issues that I said earlier.

It’s hard to get away from the Fast Food Restaurant phenomenon because there is almost one in every quarter mile of space, also commercials tell you how delicious and freshly cooked the food is even though I think that is a load of crap. I am not saying that I am not going to eat Fast Food ever again, but I think that lowering your intake of it will lead to a better life.

My War against race will start next week. I will explain tomorrow...

No comments:

Those darn imaginary readers