Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I thought 24 hours meant something


Around 1:45am, I decided to go to the grocery store and find a 2 liter bottle of Sunkist. So I went to Kroger, which was the first place that I thought was open 24 hrs and it was closed. Then I thought Wal-Mart should be open it is usually open 24 hrs, no dice. So I was getting frustrated and decided to get some food. Went to McDonalds, nah McDonalds isn’t open right now. WHAT? I thought all failed and I wasn’t going to get my Sunkist. Then I found the Harris Teeter and it said open 24 hours, so I was like yes. Finally I am going to get the Sunkist I was looking for. I walk up to the door and it has a note: “Doing maintenance closed from 10pm until 6am.” Are you kidding me? Let me tell you something you can do your maintenance while I pick up my Sunkist. I won’t be in your way. This is when I said okay I am just going to the gas station nearby my place and get a couple of 12ozs of Sunkist and put some gas in my car. I put the gas in my car and I saw all the lights on in the gas station so I expected it to be open. What do I get? I tried to open the door and then I finally read the electronic sign above me and it said closed. After the gas, I went back to my apartment complex and decided to get at least some Mountain Dew out of the machine there (I knew that the Sunkist was out). I got there put my dollar in and tried to get a Dew and it told me that it was sold out. All that was left was Diet Sunkist. Yes Diet Sunkist. So I decided whatever, this last hour has gone this bad I might as well take it and deal with everything tomorrow. So now it’s 2:45, I’m finishing up my Diet Sunkist, which isn’t too bad actually, I never thought that Diet drinks were bad I just didn’t want to drink them plus they have the aftertaste that I just do not like, and I am watching Sportscenter talking about the MNF game that was on last night (Monday).

I had my late night planned, I was going to drink the 2 liter of Sunkist and play my Manager Mode on FIFA and just forget everything else in the world and focus on my virtual world. However no Sunkist made me less likely to stay up too late tonight. I am kind of upset about it, but whatever I guess that’s what happens when I expect places to be open 24 hrs.

1 comment:

A West said...

man, if you don't take yo a$$ to sleep... haha

Those darn imaginary readers