Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Manchester United-Chelsea this saturday


The key matchup for this coming up Saturday. And when I first started watching European soccer I had much respect and love for Sir Alex Ferguson and now that respect has turn into loathe and possible hate of the Man Utd boss. He claims that if John Terry was a Manchester United player he would not have his red card overturned and that he got it overturn because he was a Chelsea player. He continues about the director of refereeing being bias to Chelsea and all that nonsense. Now I've seen the game and I thought that the red card was wrong. There was two guys behind him so he wasn't fouling Jo's clear path to goal. And they talk about foul serious play, It isn't like he football tackled him and spat on his face or anything. Alex is just upset that he can't get his guy Vidic on the field because they are smart enough not to rescind his double yellow because he fully deserved it (and probably should have gotten a straight red after fouling Dirk Kuyt before he was steaming towards net.)

I have another beef with Alex. He continues to run players out who doesn't care for or disagree with his beliefs. Most notably, David Beckham, Ruud Van Nistlerooy, and Roy Keane. He ran those players away and even kicked a boot at one of his players (Beckham). He just seems like a guy with a lil man complex... Probably wasn't the greatest player in the world or anything so he wants all the control and he wants all his players to be his robots. I just fear that Christiano Ronaldo will fall into the same trap and will be hung out to dry. Everytime I hear him talk I just want to strangle him.

So let me just get to the point. Who is going to win the game. It is in Stamford Bridge, Christiano Ronaldo is suppose to be back by then so that should make things interesting, but I feel like he will play a bit part and I think he might be working on a sabotage plan sorta like Manny Ramirez (i'll write about that later). I just don't see the bite in the United side. There's no Vidic which is a big lost for the side. I don't think the center midfield duo that United will bring out will come close to out-manning a midfield team of lampard, deco, obi mikel, the list goes on. I don't think Manchester has much of a match in this game. Rio is my "cultural" aggin but he isn't a match for Anelka, Malouda or maybe even Drogba who will probably make a 20 minute appearance like he did last week against Man City. It will be a 2-0 victory for Chelsea with Frank Lampard and Florent Malouda (yes that guy who was trash in euro 2008) scoring the two goals. I can't wait to see what excuse Sir Alex has for this week. Freakin weasel.

1 comment:

A West said...

I'm not a Man U fan, and I'm definitely not an Alex Ferguson fan. However, I do respect the crap out of what the man's done at Utd over the years. He's built team after team that challenges on all fronts, even after losing important players such as Beckham, Van Nistelrooij, etc. I'll admit, after they lost Jaap Stam and then Beckham I thought they'd never win anything again, but he somehow managed to mold Ronaldo into an effective player, and build what I think is the best centre-back pairing in the world in Vidic and Rio Ferdinand. I think that man Rio deserves more credit than he's given, because he's been great for Man Utd past couple years, and he's been playing lights out for England recently as well.

Those darn imaginary readers